CAMEL THROPHY on CNY?

Last weekend, I went to an above usual journey. No, sorry, it's not the famous Camel Throphy 4x4 adventurous expedition. It's a journey to a rural area in the East-Coast. To begin with, I was using a people carrier which is not even a 4x4. A Toyota Unser which is slightly better than the popular Vanette van. Seriously, I feel like wearing Akid's Ironman mask when driving it around town. It’s automatically added 20 years more to my age. And I really hate that hahahaha. Uncle’s car if I may call it.

Anyway, this is not about that ‘kereta pinjam’ but about the journey. I went to a place in Jerteh, Terengganu. Kampung Pasir Akar to be exact. I’m just a driver, leaving my wife & kids at my mom’s house in Kota Bharu. My grandpa asked me to take him & his little brother (which is my atuk sedara lah) to an old friend house. I’ve asked my little brother to accompany me (tak best-lah ikut geng orang2 tua sorang2 ni.. shhhh… LOL).

Let me tell you about the tricky part, to get to his house I need to cross an old steel bridge. It’s really an old bridge, my atuk sedara told me that the bridge was constructed in the British era after the WW2. That’s the only way to get there. Or you can use a sampan, but how on earth you can put an Unser on it? The width of the bridge is really small and at first I’m in doubt that the car will fit in. I’ve crossed it anyway but have to flip the side mirrors and the Unser barely fit the bridge. It’s about 2 inch allowance in both side and thank God I made it through. The length of the bridge is about 50 metres. And the worse part is, I have to do it all over again to get home. Aiyoo. Wahai atuk-atuk, cubalah buat rumah yang senang orang nak lawat, nasib baik tak calar kereta pinjam.


CAMEL THROPHY on CNY? Reviewed by Hermit on January 27, 2009 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sharing is caring...

All Rights Reserved by Enchanted Life Begins © 2019-2020
Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.